Summer is great time to catch up on much needed rest and relaxation. Resist the urge to keep plugging your way through those textbooks, and find simple ways to add school to your routine.
In this Issue:
- 5 Ways to Teach School This Summer
- Win FREE Books in our Summer Giveaway!
- What's New?
5 Ways to Teach School This Summer
I am always tempted to use summer months to get ahead in areas where we excel, and catch up in areas where I feel we're behind. However, I've found that it works best for my family to switch things up a bit and find fun ways to meet our learning objectives.
Here are 5 fun and easy ways to teach school this summer:
- Science - Summer is a great time to complete all of those science experiments you didn't have time for during the school year. This summer, we'll be working through Usborne's Science Activities. Read on to find out how you can win this title for FREE!
- Math - Set those worksheets aside, and pull out the games. Card games, board games, puzzles and chess are great ways to build concentration and thinking skills. Here are some tips for choosing games for your family.
- Art - Art is another subject that is often set aside when times get busy. Spread out an old sheet in your backyard, and let your children express their creativity with messy materials like paint, glue, glitter, clay, and (only if you're really brave) paper mache.
- Reading - During peak summer months, reading aloud is our activity of choice for the middle of the day when it's too hot to go outside. Reading historical fiction is a great way to squeeze in a history lesson.
- Physical Education - Take time this summer to renew your commitment to physical fitness. Go on evening walks or bike rides, roller blade or spend mornings at the pool. Here are some additional ways to add P.E. to your daily routine.
To follow my family's summer activities, check out my homeschool blog!
Win $50 in FREE Books!
I created Successful Homeschooling to provide you with information and ideas that will enrich your homeschool journey.
Please help me serve you better by answering a few questions that will help me understand your needs.
As a thank you, everyone who participates in this brief, confidential survey will be entered into a drawing to win $50 in FREE Usborne books!
The contest will close on May 15, 2009, and the winner will be notified on May 18, 2009. My husband and I are the only ones who will see the answers you provide.
Follow this link for your chance to win $50 in FREE books!
One of my goals is to make it easier to let you know about special offers, giveaways and new articles at Successful Homeschooling.
Here are some ways you can make sure you don't miss a thing:
- Become a fan on Facebook.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Receive e-mail announcements about updates to our website.
As always, feel free to pass this newsletter on to friends and contact me with your questions or comments.
Thank you for subscribing to Successful Homeschooling!
Enjoy the journey,